SATIN OR SILK: Ultimate Travel Wardrobe Part 2: Packing Organisation

Sunday, September 9

Ultimate Travel Wardrobe Part 2: Packing Organisation

Once upon a time, I started a series about creating the ultimate travel wardrobe and er... kind of forgot about it after that. Just kidding, I've been trying to figure out what the best topic would be for the next segment and I decided that I wanted to share some of my packing tips. This is an important part of creating your ultimate travel wardrobe because if you can be an organised packer, then you will be able to bring the right clothes and store them correctly. Check out Part 1 here.



Step 1: Plan Your Outfits

I like to use an app called Stylish Girl to plan what I'm going to wear on each day of my trip. There are plenty of others similar to this but this is my personal favourite. First, snap pictures of your clothes, accessories, shoes, makeup (or anything else you want) and save them to your 'wardrobe'. After adding your items, you can view them in a grid (tops & dresses are along the top, bottoms underneath, shoes below that and accessories on the bottom) so you can scroll across and mix and match different items. You can group items into outfits and even tag them with the name of the day and place that you want to wear them. One of the coolest features is the 'suitcase' where you can add outfits or items so you don't forget anything! This app is free and available from the app store on iTunes. Alternatively, you could just take pictures of each outfit on your phone. 


Step 2: Pack It

Pull out all the items that you want to bring and start rolling! By rolling your clothes, you can decrease wrinkles and fit more into your suitcase. I like to put my shoes into an outer pocket or a small bag to keep everything clean. 

Step 3: Lighten up

When you're trying to stick to the baggage weight limit, everything counts. Now that you can see how much you plan on taking, think about whether you could wear the same bag, shoes or outerwear more often and take out anything that isn't all that wearable. And as for that super heavy motorcycle jacket that you just have to bring? Wear it on the plane to save space and weight in your bag. 

I hope these quick tips help. What are yours?

2 comments:

  1. very inspiring tips ..!
    because i always panic with my stuff while packaging :)

    http://potypitoyo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...