SATIN OR SILK: 5 Inspiring Designs for Small Spaces

Sunday, March 3

5 Inspiring Designs for Small Spaces

As I think of my move to a little apartment next year, I'm trying to figure out how I will work with this small space. Here are 5 inspiring spaces from around the internet that make the most of limited room.

Al1_rect540
via Apartment Therapy
Alejandro shares his charming 350 square foot studio apartment in San Francisco.
 

Top 2011 Bedroom Design Ideas by IKEA - Boys Bedroom : Top 2011 Bedroom Design Ideas by IKEA – Boys Bedroom
Via freshome
I'm loving this small bedroom design from IKEA. I've learned that putting your bed in the centre of the room gives the illusion of more space by creating to separate areas. You can find many more ideas like this one over at freshome.


Via Residence Magazine
And of course the wardrobe... If you're stuck with a small built-in, try an open closet. I recommend investing in something nice and sturdy that can be filled with clothes. I bought one from the Reject Shop and it leans on about a 15 degree angle! Not good. This image is from the home of Nina Bergsten in Malmö.


011211-studio.jpg
via Apartment Therapy

Apartment Therapy shares some tips to make any small space feel larger. I just love the wall light and IKEA rug in this room.


Room Divider Bookcase for Small Home Designs
via Andrea Baker Home

Never underestimate the power of using a large bookshelf as a room divider.


I hope this helps, please share if you have any tips or photos of your own!

TWITTER // FACEBOOK // PINTEREST

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...