SATIN OR SILK: My Little Nail Polish Collection!

Monday, March 4

My Little Nail Polish Collection!

I wanted to share with you my much loved (albeit small) nail polish collection. The products featured below are all 3-free so do not contain formaldehyde (a known carcinogen* used to prevent bacterial growth in cosmetics), toluene (a solvent) or dibutyl phthalate (a plasticizer.) 

I love Butter London polishes for their covetable shades and quality formulation. Normally priced at around $22, they are a little pricey, but I cheated a by receiving all of these as free gifts from various magazines! Having said that, I have always loved using these and wouldn't hesitate to purchase them in the future.

 photo DSCN2144_zps0800029c.jpg
Shades clockwise from left: Trout Pout, Pink Ribbon, Pillar Box Red and Yummy Mummy.

Probably the Holy Grail of nail polish. I can always count on O.P.I to do the job and with about a bajillion shades available, I challenge you not to fall in love with at least one of them.

 photo DSCN2157_zpse953a9b3.jpg
Shades from left: Pandamonium Pink, Sweet Memories, top coat (boring!) and step right up.


I also like these Colour Pro nail enamels from Face of Australia which are very affordable at $6.95 each. The idea of these polishes is that they act as a base, colour and top coat all in one, however, I would still recommend using a top coat as they seem to chip fairly quickly. A promise which these definitely do live up to though is the 60 second dry time - great for getting ready on time!  

 photo DSCN2162_zps12418493.jpg
Shades from left: Scream and Fame

What's your fave nail polish shade right now?

TWITTER // FACEBOOK // PINTEREST

2 comments:

  1. Everyone says that OPI is cruelty-free, but they are owned by Coty (who does test on animals) and I couldn't really find any info on OPI's testing policies. :( Do you have any info to share? I'm drooling over their shades but I haven't bought any yet because I'd rather be safe than sorry.

    I do love Butter London, but I only buy them on sale since they're so pricey!! Trout Pout is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a really good point, Martha. I was always ok with O.P.I as they were listed on Peta's 'companies that do not test' list but that may not be the case anymore. Certainly if they are owned by Coty than I would stay away from now on!

      And I agree, Butter London is definitely one to snap up on sale :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...