SATIN OR SILK: Popular Shoes that are Vegan and Vegetarian Friendly

Sunday, August 11

Popular Shoes that are Vegan and Vegetarian Friendly

In the process of trying to eat less meat, I haven't bought leather products for almost 2 years. I just couldn't bring myself to buy that gorgeous leather handbag or pair of shoes anymore when I thought about where they had come from. If you're struggling with the same dilemma, I have found a few popular styles of shoe that come in a vegan or non-leather version; so they're guilt-free. I hope this helps you out, let me know which ones you like/dislike!

Dr Martens Canvas Boots


I have wanted a pair of Docs for sooooo long and had been trying to get my hands on a synthetic leather pair but they were really hard to find. Finally I discovered these canvas boots just yesterday and they're available from Asos and the Iconic. I especially love the little chunky heel on the 'Lynn' boots (pictured).

Dr Martens Lynn Cherry Red Tulip Fine Canvas Boots on Asos
Dr Martens Print Castel 8 Eye Boot on the Iconic
Image 1 of Dr Martens Lynn Cherry Red Tulip Fine Canvas Boots
Image via Asos

Skechers 

These 'Waverly' wedges (pictured) are so cute and made from faux leather. And if you love Skechers athletic shoes, there are also plenty of those styles available that are vegetarian friendly.

Waverly wedges on Skechers
And more vegetarian shoes at the Skechers online store
Image via Skechers

Toms Earthwise Vegan Classics

These shoes have a canvas insole rather than leather and are made from recycled and sustainable materials to lower environmental impact. Cool right? I'd love to try these as a gentler alternative to blister-inducing ballet flats. They also come in a range of different colours.

Toms Earthwise Vegan Classics on Toms
Also available from Nordstrom
Earthwise Grey Women's Vegan Classics | TOMS.com
Image via Wanelo

 Birkenstock Gizeh

Everyone's favourite Birkenstock style but free from leather and rennet. Animals will thank you for buying them and your feet will thank you for wearing them! They come in black, navy, red and mocca.

Birkenstock Gizeh Birko-Flor available on Birkenstock
Also available from Bstore 
Birkenstock-Gizeh-black
Image via Veganwares

TWITTER // FACEBOOK // PINTEREST

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...